Monday, May 18, 2009

Howdy y'all!

I decided that since I love reading other people's blogs, it was high time I joined the blogging world:) I am optimistically calling this "Jen's Attorney Work Product." While I have graduated from law school (Yay!), I will not be a licensed attorney until I pass the bar and am sworn in as an attorney. I will take the Texas Bar in July, but will not be licensed until at least November (of course, optimistically assuming I pass). This summer I am enjoying the fun process of studying for the Texas Bar by taking a Bar Review class. "The Bar" in this context is not to be confused with "A Bar." A Bar is a fun place where you meet up with friends, enjoy alcoholic beverages, and perhaps even boogie a little. The Bar is a grueling three-day test you must pass in order for the State of Texas to let you practice law. Likewise, Bar Review is a $3000 course you take to help you pass the bar. It is not a summer-long process of reviewing bars. I know...I was sad too when I learned I would not be in a bar all summer.


Further adding to the confusion is the location of our Bar Review Class. For some very odd reason, Bar Review classes have been at the same venue in Dallas for over a decade. It is a Western dance hall venue.



And yes, there is a bar in there as well.


Only in Texas would a class be held in a dance hall. God Bless Texas!

1 comment:

  1. I love it, so perfect, I can't wait to keep up with your new blog! Good luck studying for the bar at the bar!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete